Still at fosdem, still hearing really good talks and still meeting nice people.
So right now just a little insight (how we’re surviving) 😉 :
Me and most of the other OpenWrt-guys are going to FOSDEM – the Free And Open Software Developement Meeting in Brussels.
See you there! 🙂
It’s done – the Openmoko GTA02 “Freerunner” is running OpenWrt!
There’s lot’s of stuff to do but let’s see what I spent most of my time the last few months for:
– kernel (2.6.28) is building and booting (merging the Openmoko and OpenWrt patchsets, whereof one (and that’s not ours ;)) consists of either over 620 little non-atomic patches or one 10MB patchblob [kudos to git!], is no picnic (thanks to the work of Michael “mb” Buesch at this point!)
– D-Bus and the freesmartphone.org reference implementation (they import the libc.so.6 via ctypes – I was really puzzled when python told me it can’t find my libc, because I was using the uclibc)
– Xglamo with acceleration (in the beginning Xglamo just crashed, even JTAG wasn’t available anymore; it took us weeks to figure out that a compiler bug was the cause (thanks to Felix Fietkau, Holger Freyther and Lars Clausen) – Lars btw. is currently making good progress to get glamo acceleration working within Xorg)
– the EFL (enlightenment foundation libraries) and enlightenment including illume (needs some more love to make it really fit into the OpenWrt-environment – currently <edje_cc> and <eet> are required as pre-installed host tools)
– paroli phone application suite (in case it’s working ;))
A few days ago we established the first OpenWrt<->OpenWrt phone call which worked out of the box after flashing our devices!